Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Nihon...Go!

I've been wanting to write about our recent vacation to the land of the rising s/fun but I had to take care of work first and also you know, moody.

But okay, Nihon....go!

Jim and I always wanted to go to Japan together but never got around to it because of timing and work responsibilities. I went True Detective (Heh!) with the sakura blooming dates before finally booking our tickets. We had to arrange everything from securing a visa, flight itinerary, accommodation, pocket money, leave dates among other things. Really, it has been months of intense planning and google-ing.

Jim having been to the capital of cool for work a few times already and can speak a few (I should write a few lang daw...) nihongo, I was beyond excited. We counted months, weeks, days then finally 7 hours to go until we reach Narita! *cues epic song*

Showing off my NEX ticket haha because first time
I like how the staff wear nice uniforms with hats! 
Before leaving Narita, we picked up the pocket wifi we rented from GAC. The travel to Shinjuku via NEX took us more or less 2 hours and it was very convenient. All I could think of is "I'm really on vacation and it's in Japan." 

After losing our way in the overwhelming but great Shinjuku station, we finally arrived in Nishi-Shinjuku station served by the Marunochi subway line. We got lost again (haha adventure!) finding the apartment we booked via Airbnb because we depended so much on our wifi device.....that was unfortunately battery empty. Thanks to a couple of nice strangers and power bank we found ourselves in the cozy place of Yuji san. He even waited for us to arrive and helped us settle down. He was wonderful to us all through out the week. <3

It was very cold (yay!!!) and we were starving so we went back to Shinjuku to have dinner. We found a steak restaurant and the memory of that delicious dinner still hunts us. Ang galing ko lang kasi I forgot to note the name of the restaurant. Gutom, guys.

We had more energy than ever so when Eugene, our favorite friend in Japan suggested that we go to Golden Gai...Go lang!  I missed Eugene and I missed beer.

Kenzo (the owner above is super cool and obsessed with leopard prints) and Champion bar where the bartenders are Filipinos. Yay!
Thanks to the lovely stranger who kindly took our photo. 
It was a Friday night and Tokyo is everything I expected and more! It was around 2 am when we decided to walk back to the apartment (perfect location asdjkl) and I kept thinking about the After Dark by Haruki Murakami. Kakainlove!  

xx

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...