Monday 23 January 2012

6 months & counting

a blurred screensaver of my mum and dad

It's 5 in the morning and I don't know what to write. Can I just rant about the hormonal internet connection? How frustrating it is and is acting up like a crazy selfish b? #firstworldproblem. Wait, why sweat the small stuff? There are many other things I can share with you that has nothing to do with complains and negativity because that's how I roll. Haha corny.

I know it's New year but for me it feels like Christmas. My parents will be arriving from the Philippines tonight and I couldn't be more happier. (Sorry Death Cab for Cutie, "Mommy and Daddy live in Singapore" is my most anticipated event of 2012. Haha!) It has been six months since we moved here and that's the longest I have been away from my family.  Will there be awkward moments? Will I get very emotional?ALAM NA. I just miss having them around. You know the feeling of not having to worry about anything because you know as parents, they'll always be there for you. Like a default loyal team. I knew it was hard for them to let me go just as much how it was hard being away from them. The anticipation of having to spend some quality time with the most loving and supportive people I know is just priceless.

It was June 26, 2011 when I emailed them my "interest" to go abroad. I wrote them a 6-page letter and planned to give them once they're back in Manila. After many weeks, I just couldn't wait so I just poured my heart out in a e-love letter. I wrote how grateful I am for all the support and love they have given me while I gather myself together again after hitting rock bottom.
"......I want to express my interest to........ blah blah blah... Daddy, Mommy, if I don't do this now, I'll just keep wondering what might have been and I'll be filled with regrets that I didn't even try. Just give me a chance."
How tv dramaesque!  It makes me laugh now, haha! I was scared for many things. I was scared yet excited at the same time. What made me worry less was that I knew I was doing it for the right reasons and with good intentions. It was safe to say I was hoping for a favorable response. Then came these words.....
"Yes, anak we will support you all the way, we're so proud of you"
For sure it wasn't easy. Nothing ever worth it in the end was easy in the beginning, right? (How about a comic strip to illustrate the "wasn't easy" part? Suuuuuuure.) They've been my strength and inspiration from the start and I knew that when I took the risk, I took it with them. It was knowing that I have them made every struggle bearable. So remember kids: if you don't ask, the answer is always no.

I'm so psyched to see them again and to make new memories with them. Daddy, Mommy I miss you everyday. I can't wait to see you tonight and hug you for real. Also to have those OTP - Obligatory Tourist Pictures. Heeeeeee.

Six months and counting, sweet!


No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...